" " Words and Images: My God

Pages

My God

Tuesday 9 December 2008

There's nothing impossible for You God
You make a way where there seems to be none
Your Spirit cuts through mountains like torrents
of water, like a burning knife through polystyrene
and all around the land bursts into song
springs into colour, every living thing
is satisfied with the riches of Your love
even those who hate You, refusing
to believe in You, eat at Your table
so great is Your mercy

i sing with joy to the Lord, my Lord God
He is exceedingly good to me
He is the mighty Lord, rocks cry out to Him
mighty mountains crumble at His rebuke
surging waters swirl around His beautiful
feet, He is exalted, even in the high
heavens. Stars, planets, demons and angels
all fall before Him.

Who can resist His power? There's not one,
no, not even one! Therefore i put
my trust in Him, my face will never ash,
with weakness, nor my cheeks blush with shame
for He holds me in His hands. i will go
about the earth like a lion, roaring
His name in the power of His Spirit

The munificence of the Lords' mercy
burns like the melting of the universe
i bow down at His feet.  

2 comments:

Meri said...

Clearly a modern psalm. Does it ever strike you as strange that some people think God stopped speaking to us more than a thousand years ago? Could it be that once those folks made up their mind that God had said it all (or those scribing what they understood as God's thoughts), they stopped listening?

Wittstock Media said...

I don't find it as strange as what I do sad. And because God is always speaking to every soul, through nature, people, His Word, silently in our hearts or consciences or whatever other means He needs to show His love to us, I think it's more a case of people deciding on a very regular basis that what they just heard God saying wasn't real. Or, if they've appropriated an atheistic approach to life, ascribing God's whispers to alternate sources.

Post a Comment

 
Words and Images | by WITTSTOCKMEDIA ©2012